Saturday, June 7, 2008

Father's Day

Today my local church (First Assembly of God Church, Pudu) had our Father's Day Celebration. We brought forward our celebration because next week is the closing ceremony for the ongoing Live to Grow Campaign. The picture beside is my father (wearing white shirt). He is really a joy giver in our family. I designate this post to my dad, the person I respect.

I really learned a lot from the speaker in today's message. He preached with the acronym F.A.T.H.E.R.

F - Family Man not Forgetful Man
A - Amiable not Accusing
T - Trainer not Terrorist
H - Head not Herd
E - Educator not Enemy
R - Revivalist not Recidivist

I have a good father.As I reflect upon today's message, I am glad that My dad really portray the above quality. He cares for the family. He is approachable. He teaches us to love our mother. He shows us how serious he is with his faith. He make decision in the family and he impart his value system to us.

Living in a healthy and lovely family, I grown up with a good progress. I really agree with the speaker that without the father's love, we will face problem with our identity, our social skills, our moral values, and our lifestyle.

So, all the fathers out there! Be a good father. Take responsibility. Don't just tell your children what to do, but show them with your life.

Children like me, be glad that you have a father on earth who cares for you. Uphold your dad in your daily prayer. May God bless the fathers around the world that they will be godly, matured, lovely, resourceful and responsible.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: