Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fight to be SIGNIFICANT!


After so many months without blogging, finally last Sunday I revived my blog. Surprisingly there are people following through my blog. If you are reading my blogs, I do hope that you will follow through my discussion. It is my joy to know that what I wrote would help you in your life. Although I have not right things that are too complicated, but sometimes, simple things in life have many lessons to be learned from. I also encourage you reader out there to give me comments, whether you agree with me or not, good or bad comments will certainly add life to this blog. Thanks for those who commented, your words are treasure to me.

Yesterday I wrote a paper on the six invitations of soul cares for my counseling course. One o the invitation of soul cares is the invitation of solitude. Solitude is one of the fundamental practice of Christian Spiritual Disciplines. If you are interested to know more about it, let me know by your comment, then I will write a blog on it.

The paper was my personal reflection on the six invitations and how it help me to be a companion for others. In the invitation of solitude, one of the main point that I stress in the fight of being "SIGNIFICANT."

People are fighting to earn their significant on this world. From young, we try to study hard so that our parents found us significant in the family. When we grow older, we try to work hard so that we feel being needed by the company and family. As we grow old, we try to play hard so that our children will see us significant to the family. However, when we study hard, work hard and play hard, and result doesn't turn to be what we expected, we felt frustrated. If the cycle goes a few round, bitterness will start to root in our heart. Then we will form what people say "low self-esteem."

The invitation to solitude call us to come before God and find significant in Him. Today, if I removed all your status, your credentials, your job, and everything, who are you in Christ? Do you have any sense of significant left on this world if you are called a "nobody" in the other people's eye?

Today, let me just invite you to come before God. As you come before Him, lay aside all your burden, your carrier, your responsibility, and just be you. Allow God to help you to find significant in Him alone. Then, you will be able to stand and face the world with the Godly-image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.