Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 3 ...

Well, I have been in Cambodia for more than 48 hours. Early in the morning at 6.30am, I follow the First Kid School Van to Bro. David's office. Have my breakfast there together with the staff. Then, continue with a devotion time. After the devotion, my mission to the village church began.

Bro. David, Sophy and me depart from the office to our branch church in the village. It took us some time to reach to the village. Our church is actually located at the end of the village. It is a nice and serene place. The church is surrounded with paddy fields.


Our Church in the Village

There are plantation in the Church


Bro. David share with me about the future plan of that church. It certainly have great potential for that small little church at the end of the village to become a powerful village model church.


There is a pond which needed to be filled.


After visiting the church and the pastor, we continue our journey to Cambodia Bible Institute which is nearby the Airport. When we reach there, is around noon. We meet up with Pastor Ken who is the Deputy Superintendent of the Assemblies of God Council Cambodia. We had a long discussion, sharing thoughts and ideas. After that, we went to a shop nearby Agape Assembly for lunch.


Bible Institute of Cambodia


After lunch, we went back to Agape. Took a short rest, then have a meeting with First Kids Staffs and Church Staff, I call them the powerpuff girls (Charleen, Natasha, and Sophy). Cause in reality, they work non-stop like powerpuff girls. We had a long meeting, discussing the matters of the church and school.

Then after the meeting, I went to my room to pray. After prayer, again I clean up my room. Sweep and mob the floor nice and clean. Feel a little hungry, cook the mee cup.

Suddenly, Bro. David turn up. Two of us went to the starbuck-alike and enjoy the air-cond and wifi there. By 7pm, we went back to Agape for our dinner. After dinner, Bro. David brought us to a place for "tagaluk" (i am not sure the spelling, but that is how it sounds to me). Basically is a ice-blended fruit punch. Excellent taste!


Free wifi. There is Caramel Frappucino as well.

Tagalok. Mine added Durian as well.


Now that I am blogging, the weather suddenly change, and the storm seems to be coming. It is cool and windy. It is so nice, and I am feeling the breeze that is flowing from the window in front of me.

Tomorrow morning I got to teach the teachers on Basic Principles of Church Life. Got to sleep early then.

To be continued ...

No comments: