Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 4 ...

Today is the fourth day in Cambodia. Still fresh and healthy. Don't worry about me, I am adapting to the environment quite well. Beside the bugs keep targeting me, everything is just fine.

Today journey is quite something. My good old friend, Sothy promised to bring out today. So, I wake up early in the morning at 5.30am to prepare for devotion. Actually I couldn't sleep very well cause the coffee yesterday keep awake till 2.00am. After I wake up, I have a simple body workout. Got to keep my body strong and healthy. Fix a cup a Milo and took a cooling bath.

6.30am, I had the devotion with the teachers at First Kids. Started Lesson 1 of Basic Principles of Church Life. Then after the devotion, went back to my room to prepare for the day trip.

8.30am, Sothy arrived at my place, and we went for breakfast together. Tried the "egg" mee, quite nice, like our dry mee in KL. Then we go to our first station, the "Killing Field". This was not exactly the killing field which is quite far from the town. But this used to be a school, but during Poh Pot regime, it was converted into a prison and torture chamber. It is a freaking place.


This board was place in the front of the School

Behind is the prison block


Don't want to write so much on it cause I am blogging at night now. Then after that we go for lunch at a Cambodia Coffee House. Cambodia rice is really nice. It is not too soft, nor too rough. After lunch, we went to the largest shopping mall in town. Walk through the whole shopping complex, but some stuff and we head on to our next destination.

We then proceed to the King's Palace. Not like Malaysia Palace where the tourist can only view from the gate, the Cambodia Palace is actually open for tourist to enter. It is a large palace, and we are allowed to enter the common area only. But it already took our entire afternoon.


It was a grand palace. Gold and Silver were everywhere.


Nearby the Palace there are some local cuisines. Guess what is it?

This clock is at the center of Phnom Phenn.


After that, we go back and have a short rest. Well, I am so tired and took a short nap. In the evening, I went to join Sothy's small group which is nearby Agape Church. After the small group, we are suppose to have a wonderful dinner together, but unfortunately rain pour down like no body business, so we just went to a nearby restaurant and had our dinner.

We talk and talk till the shop is emptied. Then, no choice but we got to leave the restaurant. The rain is still drizzling, so we didn't go for Tagaluk. Head by to Agape to finish my day.

I am glad to hear the struggles of my good old friend. To hear and understand the AG situation here in Cambodia. I pray that tomorrow Good Friday service will be a powerful service. Do pray for us that the weather will be great!

To be continued ...

No comments: