Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 6 - half day rest

Another adventure is going to begin. This morning, the worship team is going to have their bible study and practices. I woke up at 6.30am because no teacher devotion for today. Get myself ready, and as usual, fix myself a cup of Milo. Then went down to meet the worship team at 8.00am. Their worship team is guided by Charleen and a local music producer. In term of music skills, I think they are still learning and trying to be better. Since I will be here for 2 weeks, can't do much with the team, but only advice them not to neglect their spiritual life as worship team members.

Then at 9.00am, I have the honor to lead a new teacher to Jesus Christ. Immediately, the new teacher together with 2 more people attended baptism class with me. Then later, another young man attended baptism with Sophy. All together there will be 4 people going to baptize tomorrow. Praise God for that!

Then after the classes, they actually planned to go for lunch fellowship at a boat. To my surprise, they actually rent a boat nearby "Ton Le Sap" river, and bring our food there. It was a nice experience to have our lunch fellowship on the boat together. We have fun time there. The charges is USD$30 per hour. The boat can fit in more than 30 people.


There are boats for rental. USD$100 for a day trip.


Me taking picture with church members and workers in the middle of Ton Le Sap River.

Then by 12.00pm, we are back to Agape Assembly. The weather is extremely hot, and cause me to be drowsy. I took a nap, and wake up at 2.00pm. Work on my sermon till 5.00pm. Then went down to chat with Sophy and some other sisters. They were preparing to attend the wedding dinner as well. For ladies, they will wear as though they are going to ballroom dancing. For men, wear as thought you are going to see the prime minister.

My bad, I didn't bring my leather shoes. So, I wear my chinese shirt, my brown slacks and sport shoe (Ouch!). So, while waiting for Sothy to come and pick me up, Sophy invite me to have local cuisine opposite the church. Well, it is little duckling egg. The duckling actually is already in form, and they steam it. It taste quite nice, although you can see the little body parts of the duckling, but looks like food to me. Sophy said will buy more "funny" stuff for me to try, like snake and tarantulas?


Oh poor little duckling... But it is tasty.

At 6.00pm, Sothy arrived to pick me up. We went to the wedding dinner at a restaurant nearby the river. Everyone was well dress except me. In Cambodia, they are very particular with the dress you wear for occasion such as wedding. They will compare their dress that determine their status and fame. I became the joke of the day. Well, I don't really bother anyway, just eat and go. The food is not too bad, but the portion is quite small. In Cambodia, usually they give USD$15 as "ang pow" to the marriage couple, so I just follow.


This is what you are expected to wear for ladies.


My good friend Sothy and I. He is the one who brings me around after David left.


After the dinner ended, Sothy send me back to Agape. Tomorrow I will be preaching, so better sleep early tonight.

To be continued ...

No comments: