Saturday, June 14, 2008

Spiritual Death is More Painful than Physical Death

Today I am really shocked by the respond of a youth in my church. As I asking him to come to church tomorrow, he reply in the most unexpected answer. He told me he will never come to church again. I asked him why, but he told me there is no reason.

It is my greatest shock for this year to know that this brother gave up on church. So many questions came to my mind. Is it the church program that cause him to give up? Is it the people, pastor or me? All this while, this brother were so faithful in the church. But these few weeks, it seems many things happen in his life that stop him from coming to church. I don't want to write more about what is going on in this brother's life because he has already made his decision.

What I want to reflect today, is the pain in my heart. Last few months, my grandpa past away. My grandpa and I were very close together. People say I am the replica of my grandpa. Of course, the day he passed away, I was sad and grief. However, I know that he went to the place far better than this place.

However, today, my youth is giving up on church. The possibility of loosing his faith become higher as well. To me, this is as if spiritualy, he has pass away. However, not to a better place, but to a darker and wordly place. In the eyes of men, he seems to have more time now to enjoy his life. It seems to have less responsibles (no need to serve in the church) and life seems to be simple (no more rules and spiritual disciplines). Yet, in the spiritual realm, the person heart's harden and now even harder to come back to faith in God.

My heart felt so sad, till I could hardly speak. My body became restless and tired. I pray to God and crying in my heart. The sadness compare to the death of my grandpa is far greater. This is a fine young man, who have tasted the sweetness of Christ, yet forsake it to pursue his own life.

I can't write anymore. It is too sad... Please pray for me. Pray for my youth as well.

5 comments:

Edr3nK0h said...

I've been encountering the same situation like yours before.

Was told that she has stop all church activities, ministries and i was not allowed to ask why. It hurts so much. My tears were out at the time too. Prayer is all we needed.

I know and am sure that He'll have His plan for us towards journey in Christ. It's not easy.. but, we just have to be faithful and trust Him in prayer all the time..

Ivan said...

Actually , when i read this post , i also feel sad for this brother...For him now , everything he has done in the church has become useless..Every single thing he has done already nothing..Like A paper full of writing has became totally white again..Oh Gosh...This is the decision that he made...What to do ?

Just ask god to have mercy on him and make his heart to be soften back again..

Leon Lim said...

He is not yet dead, there is still hope....pray...never give up praying

Edr3nK0h said...

Agreed. There's always a hope for tomorrow..

yee.ymy said...

Sometimes this kind of case keep happening that we can't do anything. The first day i go into my present company, My colleague who is chirstian also but go church once in a year. She feel nothing, everything is still perfect in her life .she still pround to called herself as " Christian". What can we do is just do our part and pray for them. anyway, I still believe there is a hope...as long as we believe in it. (^@^)